Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Notes to the Lord:Risks Affirmed


Matthew 25

19"Now after a long time the master of those slaves came and settled accounts with them.


Lord Jesus--You remind me that there is a time when accounts will all be brought to the One who gave it all to me in the first place. I just want to be about what you have given me to do when you return. Keep my feet moving toward your will and engaged in your work,

20"The one who had received the five talents came up and brought five more talents, saying, 'Master, you entrusted five talents to me. See, I have gained five more talents.' 21"His master said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful slave You were faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master.'


Lord Jesus--Everything that was given back to the Master is returned as well as everything that was achieved. That really is the way that life is...it is all yours. The major step that this slave did was to take the risk of investing what he was given. I am sure that it could have gone badly. But it didn't. It really never can go badly when we invest in your kingdom's advance. The very first words that this slave heard on your return was affirmation of a job well done. "Well done" is what I am working for.

22"Also the one who had received the two talents came up and said, 'Master, you entrusted two talents to
me. See, I have gained two more talents.' 23"His master said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful slave. You were faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master.'

Lord Jesus--This slave received less but made less and yet received the same affirmation. There was risk that this slave also took and the possibility of loss.

Up Close and Personal--Risk surrounds on every side. There is the possibility of energies being wasted and resources being dissipated. Risk is just a part of the deal, there is no way that a journey with you will be anything less than risky business from beginning to end. I don't like the risk but without the risk there could be no real possibility of experiencing the blessing of seeing you work with clarity and power.

Work Lord Jesus is a way that defies explanation in the life of your people.

No comments:

Post a Comment