Sunday, September 19, 2010

Notes to the Lord:Faith Over Fear

Matthew 25
24"And the one also who had received the one talent came up and said, 'Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow and gathering where you scattered no seed.25'And I was afraid, and went away and hid your talent in the ground. See, you have what is yours.'


Lord Jesus--Fear can not be in control or I will never be what you have called me to be. Fear is what kept this person not using the resources that were available to him. Fear of lose? Fear of rejection? Fear of what could happen? Fear of judgment? Fear of failure? Fears kept this person from using what had been given into his keeping in his Master's best interest. But in the end his fear cost him everything.


The silly thing is that this slave was also a part of what the master owned...I wonder if he gave himself back to his master at the same time?

26"But his master answered and said to him, 'You wicked, lazy slave, you knew that I reap where I did not sow and gather where I scattered no seed.27'Then you ought to have put my money in the bank, and on my arrival I would have received my money back with interest.


There are always ways to use what you have given. Some are visible and some are just beneath the surface of what shows. This servant could have just put the resources in a place where they were earning interest and safe. Yet he choose a hiding place for the money.


Where are the places where fear and faith keep me from using all that you have given me Lord? Help me choose faith today and everyday.


28'Therefore take away the talent from him, and give it to the one who has the ten talents.' 29"For to everyone who has, more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away.30"Throw out the worthless slave into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.


Up Close and Personal--This is the hard part. Grace given makes me accountable for the use of all that you have given me...body, mind, skills, outlook, understanding, place in life, dreams, hopes, visions. Everything comes from you and I have it only in safe keeping.


Luke 12:48 From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.


Lord Jesus--It is always a choice to pick faith over fear. I choose faith. Help me in this day that will start in just a bit to be accountable and use it as faith would have me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment