Thursday, January 5, 2012

Notes to the Lord-A Short Jesus Sermon


Mark 1


14-15 After John was arrested, Jesus went to Galilee preaching the Message of God: “Time’s up! God’s kingdom is here. Change your life and believe the Message.”

Lord Jesus-I make it too complicated.  The message is simple. You have come to the world...you have come into my world and everything is changed.  The piece that I continue to miss is that your kingdom has already come.  This sermon on the side of the sea was preached in the present tense...not future.

So what does that mean...if your kingdom is already come?

It means that you are in charge.  You call me to better listening and fewer moments of Attention Deficient Disorder of the soul. You call me to forgiveness and grace even when it hurts.You call me to risk and vulnerability in the middle of a world that respects only power and control.  You call me to servant leadership in a world that usually sees servants as doormats to be used to keep the house clean.

Lord Jesus in the day that has already begun, let your kingdom grow in me as I work and wait for your return.

Peterson, Eugene H. (2006-06-15). The Message Remix 2.0: The Bible In contemporary Language (p. 1792). NavPress. Kindle Edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment