Friday, February 10, 2012

More from "The Sacred Way"



My heart rejoices, Jesus, that the tomb could not hold you. You burst forth with new life, and you give me new life. I accept the gift you’ve given me—help me never to take it for granted! We adore you, O Christ, and we bless you because by your holy cross you have redeemed the world! Amen.   Jones, Tony (2010-12-07). The Sacred Way (p. 144). Zondervan. Kindle Edition.

Lord Jesus--It has been years since I have thought of the Stations of the Cross. If memory serves me, it was in one of my first community worship services at my first pastorate that I was involved in a Good Friday service,  I was a part of this liturgy.  What I can remember of that experience was anxiety that I would make a mistake.  Too bad,   I missed out on what you could have said to me.

Today as I read through the liturgy...I found myself weeping.  Crying because of your sacrifice for me, Crying for the loss that Mary felt.  Crying because of the humiliation and pain that you experienced. But, the tomb is empty!

Lord Jesus--The grave could not hold you.  Thank you for your death for me on a cross made out of wood from a tree that you created. Thank you that because of the cross there could be a tomb that was empty.  In this day that will sweep me away in just a few moments remind me of the hope that comes from a sacrifice that was offered and a tomb that is empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment