Sunday, February 19, 2012

Notes to the Lord:The Night School of Prayer


Mark 1
While it was still night, way before dawn, he got up and went out to a secluded spot and prayed.

Lord Jesus--I am glad that night was a time that you spoke to the Father.  Was it a time when it was quiet and the press of people were not on your elbow?  You know me, many times I beat the sun up.  It is quiet and there is something about that time of day that allows me to be aware of you and your work in my life. Was that the way it was with You and the Father, while you were here?

 I know that without that connection, I find myself without water in a desert place. Lord Jesus teach me in your night school of prayer.

What can you teach me of prayer and of connecting when I am far from home and the Father?  In the night, far from home you prayed with the breathing of the sleeping disciples not from you.  Did you pray for the coming day?  Did you with eyes of faith and hope look out at the people who needs would tug at your sleeve in the coming day?  Did you ask for strength to meet the challenge?  Or, did you pray like I do so often...bless me, bless mine and keep safe those whom I love.  I have a feeling your focus was a bit more expansive then mine.  Teach me to see the large picture and to pray the large prayers.

Simon and those with him went looking for him. They found him and said, “Everybody’s looking for you.”

Lord Jesus--I wonder if Peter liked the crowds?...the excitement? Let me learn first from the night school of prayer.

 [1.38-39] Jesus said, “Let’s go to the rest of the villages so I can preach there also. This is why I’ve come.” He went to their meeting places all through Galilee, preaching and throwing out the demons.

Lord Jesus--The mission was never far from you was it.  The harvest was waiting at every turn.  There were people who needed their lives transformed everywhere.  You did not pull back, you met the need head on aware of the Father's blessing because you had learned in the night school of prayer.

Peterson, Eugene H. (2006-06-15). The Message Remix 2.0: The Bible In contemporary Language (p. 1793). NavPress. Kindle Edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment