Thursday, May 17, 2012

Shining Light


Mark Four


[4.21-22] Jesus went on: “Does anyone bring a lamp home put it under a washtub or beneath the bed? 

Lord Jesus--Light is something that I have been thinking a  lot about lately.  Light, sun, walking in the light...You are the one who said you were the light of the world. So you have put your light into my heart.

Sometimes it is not comfortable having this light.  I can't see things in the dim half light where are the edges are blurred.  Sometimes it is much more comfortable to see the world that surrounds with a bit less clarity.


Don’t you put it up on a table or on the mantel? We’re not keeping secrets, we’re telling them; we’re not hiding things, we’re bringing them out into the open.


Lord Jesus--The point is that light's purpose is revelation, clarity and anything less is wasting the resource that has been bestowed.

There are times when it seems as if I am a light in a carnival of sound and life.  It is dark and the world that surrounds me is teaming with activity and purpose and I am just there doing what you said. Shining my light...then it is time to claim the promise...

John 12:32

 32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.”  


That is what life is all about really lifting you high in my life, Lord Jesus.  Help me in this day to find creative, generative, positive ways to lift you high. Any light that I might have is really reflections of you...Shine Jesus! Shine!


[4.23] “Are you listening to this? Really listening? [4.24-25] “Listen carefully to what I am saying—and be wary of the shrewd advice that tells you how to get ahead in the world on your own. Giving, not getting, is the way. Generosity begets generosity. Stinginess impoverishes.”


The light, the witness, the places where I have the chance to shine the light...have been given by you, Lord Jesus, no one else.  Instead of hiding light, your direction is to polish the mirror of my soul.  Shine the light in every opportunity that I have, in overt, covert and obvious ways...it is all about shining the light in a dark world.

Any other approach is a rock wall dead end. Generosity of giving all the grace, light, hope and wisdom that you give only results in more light, more hope, more grace being received.  How can I lose?


Remind me today to shine the light that you give...


Peterson, Eugene H. (2006-06-15). The Message Remix 2.0: The Bible In contemporary Language (p. 1797). NavPress. Kindle Edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment