Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Notes to the Lord:Grace and Stones


Scripture Reflection:Matthew 21

42Jesus said to them, "Have you never read in the Scriptures: " 'The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone; the Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes'?

Lord Jesus--You have become the capstone...the center piece of the salvation history. You were rejected and became savior to all. This is a marvleous thing...the offer of unmerited mercy, grace that was unlooked for and a surprise. It was your choice, from begining to end.

43"Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit. 44He who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces, but he on whom it falls will be crushed."

Lord Jesus--It is all about fruit and results of a life lived out in grace. Those who experience grace do not own it. The best that we do is live within the house of grace and to be blessed by it. Lord, I do not control it...or manage its impacts on my life. Grace controls me.

45When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard Jesus' parables, they knew he was talking about them. 46They looked for a way to arrest him, but they were afraid of the crowd because the people held that he was a prophet.

Up Close and Personal--Lord Jesus I can choose my response to grace, but I can not control its impacts on my life. You will change me in this process as I continue to say "yes" to the Spirit's call. I can choose to be changed or walk away, that is the only choice. Things will never stay the same. The more that I try to make them stay the same, the more the flow of Your grace will push me on. The challenge is to follow you through a life time of changes and to have grace grow in this twisted and sometimes controling heart of mine.

Lord Jesus continue your work.

No comments:

Post a Comment