Monday, August 16, 2010

Notes to the Lord:Vineyards and Ownership




Scripture Reflection: Matthew 21


33"Listen to another parable: There was a landowner who planted a vineyard. He put a wall around it, dug a winepress in it and
built a watchtower. Then he rented the vineyard to some farmers and went away on a journey. 34When the harvest time approached, he sent his servants to the tenants to collect his fruit.

Lord Jesus-Remind me that this is your vineyard not mine. I am just a sharecropper, at best a tenant. The produce is yours I am just a care-taker of what you have given me.
35"The tenants seized his servants; they beat one, killed another, and stoned a third. 36Then he sent other servants to them, more than the first time, and the tenants treated them the same way. 37Last of all, he sent his son to them. 'They will respect my son,' he said.
38"But when the tenants saw the son, they said to each other, 'This is the heir. Come, let's kill him and take his inheritance.' 39So they took him and threw him out of the vineyard and killed him.

Lord Jesus--There have been times in my life when I was in rebellion and didn't even know it. Yet, the
re was grace given and mercy extended. Thank you for your work in my life. The job is not done...that is certain.
40"Therefore, when the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those tenants?"41"He will bring those wretches to a wretched end," they replied, "and he will rent the vineyard to other tenants, who will give him his share of the crop at harvest time."
Lord Jesus--This was aimed at the chief priests and the Pharisees, but it could apply to anyone who knows your will and does not follow it. Rejection and rebellion comes in many forms some ancient, and some modern in its dress.

Up close and personal:There is freedom in resting in you being the owner of this vineyard of life that you have placed me in. I don't have to worry about outcomes, you are the one who sends the rain on the just, the unjust and on your vineyard. You have set the boundaries and all I have to do is avoid the guardrails and I will be blessed by what you have already accomplished. In the middle of it all, you are the Lord, and will soon return to make all things right.

Lord Jesus--Work in this tenant farmer heart, mind and action life to see accomplished what needs to be in this coming day. I rest in your grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment