Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Notes to the Lord:Clueless To Grace


Matthew 27

44The robbers who had been crucified with Him were also insulting Him with the same words. 45Now from the sixth hour darkness fell upon all the land until the ninth hour. 46About the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "ELI, ELI, LAMA SABACHTHANI?" that is, "MY GOD, MY GOD, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?"

Lord Jesus--I will never know the darkness and pain of that hour. You went there for me. My sin pinned you to that cross. In these hours you experienced all of what it meant to be the offering for sin.

47And some of those who were standing there, when they heard it, began saying, "This man is calling for Elijah." 48Immediately one of them ran, and taking a sponge, he filled it with sour wine and put it on a reed, and gave Him a drink. 49But the rest of them said, "Let us see whether Elijah will come to save Him."50And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit.

Lord Jesus--Thank you for your death on the cross. It was love that brought you to that place. This amazing, and extravagant example of love compels me. But the people who were standing just feet from you had no clue as to what was really happening. For them it was something to observe and see if Elijah showed up. They had no clue that Elijah had already shown up on the mountain.

Lord Jesus--There are so many times when I am clueless just like these casual observers of the Crucifixion. Extravagant, and amazing grace is unfolding all around me and I am unaware of it. Don't let me be a casual observer to your grace flowing all around me instead help me to learn how to swim in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment