Monday, February 21, 2011

Notes to the Lord:Important Things

1 Timothy 1:3-7

3When I was leaving for Macedonia, I asked you to stay on in Ephesus and warn certain people there to stop spreading their false teachings. 4You needed to warn them to stop wasting their time on senseless stories and endless lists of ancestors. Such things only cause arguments. They don't help anyone to do God's work that can only be done by faith.

Lord Jesus--It is so easy to get side tracked and focused on things that really don’t make any difference. How many angels can balance on the head of a pin...or whatever the topic of the day is.

So what are the things that I need to be focusing on? Things that need to be focused on are the things that really matter. Things like love expressed in action...things like showing our commitment to You in ways that make the mission concrete. Expressions like...generosity, grace extending itself.

5You must teach people to have genuine love, as well as a good conscience and true faith. 6There are some who have given up these for nothing but empty talk. 7They want to be teachers of the Law of Moses. But they don't know what they are talking about, even though they think they do.

Lord Jesus--The law is summed up in simple terms unable to be missed.

Matthew 22
37And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38This is the great and first commandment. 39And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.40On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”

Why do I make it more complex than it needs to be? It is simple do the next right thing in front of me. You will put it there. I will not be able to miss it without side stepping or stumbling over what you want me to do. So many times, I sidestep without noticing and I stumble and stub my toes and wonder about the injustice of it all.

Lord Jesus--Help me to look at it all as coming from your hand. Help me to live on this simple and concrete command today, in my thoughts, my words and my actions. Be close Jesus today you know the way I am...so easily distracted, calm my
Attention-Deficit Disorder of the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment