Tuesday, June 14, 2011


2 Timothy 1

9He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace.

Lord Jesus-These last few weeks you have reminded me again that grace is the source and grace is the reason. You remind me from time to time that I can not add nor can I subtract from that grace. I can only only be grateful and accept your grace.

This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, 10 but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.

Lord Jesus--It was always the Father’s plan to provide a means to relationship with his creation. From the fall in the garden to the last footfall on planet Earth you have been reaching out to this twisted planet full of people.

I sometimes don’t have patience to wait for the coffee to brew...and yet your plan has been unfolding for multiple unknown millennium. Thank you for your love and grace that reaches out to me on this rainy day in a post modern world that distrusts and struggles to see beyond its self-absorbition.

11 An
d of this gospel I was appointed a herald and an apostle and a teacher. 12 That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet this is no cause for shame, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day.

Lord Jesus--On the day that Paul wrote these lines were the guards just outside the door? Did his chains rattle as he wrote? Was it house arrest or a prison door that was just out of his view as he wrote? We are not entirely sure...but we know that the circumstance did not distract him from his focus on you.

In this day that awaits me, keep my mind and heart in focus and seeing clearly the reality of your grace that I have experienced again and again. Help me to live that grace out clearly today.

No comments:

Post a Comment