Monday, April 16, 2012

Telling The Story

Mark 4
[4.1-2] He went back to teaching by the sea. A crowd built up to such a great size that he had to get into an offshore boat, using the boat as a pulpit as the people pushed to the water’s edge. He taught by using stories, many stories.

 Lord Jesus--You  taught by using stories...parables...extended metaphor. Analogy, simile, metaphor...all variations on a theme of word pictures, or a way to tell a story.Seed, sowing and farming was something that everyone could related to.

They were simple stories about farming and about dangerous travel...just normal things really. Stories about lost things that become found and of hope beyond expectation. The more I think about your stories the more that I want to enter into them.  That really is what you want to have happen in my life.  For my story to be informed, conformed, reformed and transformed by your story.

That old hymn is good as far as it goes.  "Tell me the Old, Old Story," is great,  but it stops short.  It is not just about being told, are even of retelling the story.  It is about living the story, becoming the story and of being shaped by the story of God's amazing, scandalous grace over a life time.  It isn't just about the past, you call out to me to live out your story today.

In the day that stretches out before me and that will start in just a few minutes, help me to live the story today.  Help me to transform simple things, a job, a voice and a day into the page on which your story can be told anew.

Peterson, Eugene H. (2006-06-15). The Message Remix 2.0: The Bible In contemporary Language (p. 1796). NavPress. Kindle Edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment