Thursday, May 20, 2010

Notes to the Lord:Faith in the MIddle of Signs and Wonders


Scripture Reflections:Matthew 16

1The Pharisees and Sadducees came to Jesus and tested him by asking him to show them a sign from heaven.

Lord Jesus--When I read this I want to feel superior...I am not someone who is looking for you to do signs and wonders. But the truth is I am looking for the miraculous in my life.

Lord Jesus I guess I understand some of the what the leaders of these pressure groups were asking for. Maybe a difference is that their question were a precondition to being willing to follow...my desire to see the miraculous at work is more a validation that I am where I need to be.

2He replied, "When evening comes, you say, 'It will be fair weather, for the sky i s red,' 3and in the morning, 'Today it will be stormy, for the sky is red and overcast.' You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times.


Lord Jesus--The times that I live in are much like the times that You found Yourself living through, times of transition and change. Times when it is easier to predict the weather than who you might agree with in politics...the combination of pressure groups that came to question are interesting. These represent the liberals and the conservatives joining forces to meet a mutual foe.


4A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a miraculous sign, but none will be given it except the sign of Jonah." Jesus then left them and went away.


Lord Jesus--The sign of Jonah was a prediction of your death. Jonah was in the belly of the beast three days...You were in the grave three days.


So the up close and personal edge, is simply this: Your resurrection from the grave is the center of my hope. It is the sign of all signs, it is the miraculous at work within my heart and soul. You take death and make it a sign of the power of God. It is in following where ever the will of God leads that radical faith and miraculous results can occur. It is so easy to loose the point right in the middle of doing your work and following Your call Lord Jesus.


Lord Jesus--Lead me in the day that will begin very soon. Help me to follow you today and to see the signs all along the way of your grace, your glory and your watch care over your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment