Thursday, May 27, 2010

Notes to the Lord:Bed Rock Foundation

Scripture Reflections: Matthew 16

18And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.


Lord Jesus--I am not quick enough on the up take of this word play...it is lost in English. Peter is not really the focus. It is more like...You are a chip off the old block but on the bed rock of this confession I will build my church.


The confession of You as Lord, the son of God, Messiah, and savoir of the world is what everything else in the church is based. The implications of the Your Lordship is something that will take me the rest of my life to work out the implication of. This confession will stand the test of time and nothing even Hell itself can not overcome the results of this confession.


Lord Jesus--When my world shakes, and it does from time to time. Your Lordship is what I put my hope in. When everything around me seems trite, cheap and time limited, I can be sure that you are still Lord. When the waves crash and bring down the things that though were permanent in my life...your Lordship stands like rock.


19I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." 20Then he warned his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Christ.


Up close and personal... out of this passage:
You are Lord, Christ, Messiah Son of God.Your church will not fail and not even the gates of Hell are a match for what you are doing in the world.Your church has responsibility to work out the implications of that Lordship over a life time. It seems to me that over time that demands or requirements...change, morph and demand continued growth. Can I depend on you in this new situation...that you are Lord and that you will lead, guide and protect? That is question that leads me on...today.
Jesus be Lord of this day.


No comments:

Post a Comment