Sunday, May 30, 2010

Notes to the Lord:Surprised?

Scripture Reflection:Matthew 16

21From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.


Lord Jesus--The reaction of the people to your ministry resulted in the cross...could it have been different? I suppose that will be a question that will have to wait for heaven. But in my heart I have to believe that each of these leaders who rejected you could have chosen differently. If there is anyone who has free will everyone must have it.


But the reaction that these leaders had to your ministry was an attempt to control You and when that w
as not possible to kill You. Lord Jesus, I don't want to make the same mistake. I want to follow You where ever You lead. Not to attempt to control but allow you to guide me to the place where control is not an issue...to a place that defines my life but doesn't confine my life...a place where authenticity rules my heart, my mind and my actions.

For You to be fully in control there has to be an end to meandering in my following you...this journey of faith isn't always a walk in the park on a sunny day, or a stroll though the pines on a summer evening. Sometimes it is a forced march, with danger on either side headed to a place that I would not choose to go to if I were the one doing the choosing. But a place where I can be Yours and where I am needed, where I am uniquely prepared...a p
lace of ongoing surrender. Keep my feet following yours Lord Jesus...

A line of a worship song keeps going through my mind...


Please take from me my life
When I don't have the strength
to give it away to You Jesus

Up close and personal today...

The cross did not surprise you, Lord Jesus. Your will for my life is not a surpris
e to you, even if it is for me at times. The giving away must happen each day... in the giving there is hope and safety ...there is the faith of a child. Keep me safe in your care today.


No comments:

Post a Comment