Saturday, January 1, 2011

Notes to the Lord: Personal Purity


1 Thessalonians 4

1 As for other matters, brothers and sisters, we instructed you how to live in order to plea
se God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more. 2 For you know what instructions we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus.

Lord Jesus--There are no vacations or sick time that we have when it comes to living for you. You call me to live for you no matter where or when I find that walk taking me. You call me to follow no matter how I feel about it, or how my brokenn
ess may be expressing it self in my present life situation.

You have me right where I need to be, right where you can grow your life within me. In the middle of life Paul calls me to continue what has been started in my heart and life. There is no wasted time or wasted effort. You are at work through all the changes that confront and challenge me.

3 It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; 4 that each of you should learn to control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable, 5 not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do
not know God; 6 and that in this matter no one should wrong or take advantage of a brother or sister.

Lord Jesus--Paul is reminding me of the fact that you call me to a life that is radically different than the world that surrounds me. The world around me uses sex and sexual attraction as a way to sell everything from clothes to cars. You want something more from your people. A place where sexual distinction is not the focus, but your work in our hearts is the f
ocus.

The Lord will punish all those who commit such sins, as we told you and warned you before. 7 For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. 8 Therefore, anyone who rejects this instruction does not reject a human being but God, the very God who gives you his Holy Spirit.

Lord Jesus--The reality is that purity is what you look for from your pe
ople.

Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart! For they shall see God.

You want more than anything else in our lives for us to live out your love in a way that transcends anything and everything that would distract.

Help me to walk beside you in this day like a child aware and following at your side.




No comments:

Post a Comment