Friday, December 31, 2010

Notes to the Lord:Prayers Spoken


1 Thessalonians 3

8 For now we really live, since you are standing firm in the Lord. 9 How can we thank God enough for you in return for all the joy we have in the presence of our God because of you? 10 Night and day we pray most earnestly that we may see you again and supply what is lacking in your faith.

Lord Jesus--Standing firm in a world where so little is stable and enduring remains the challenge. I live in a time of great change. There are times when I wish that things did not move so fast. Any yet, in the middle of change you call to me to hold on to the things that really matter.

In the middle of change is when the I need to trust in the relationships that you have brought into my life. Paul was both encouraged and sought to encourage the church at Thessalonica. The mutuality of giving and receiving should be the way that the church operates.Prayer should tie it all together...in a way that allows the spirit of God to work without restriction.

11
Now may our God and Father himself and our Lord Jesus clear the way for us to come to you. 12 May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you.13 May he strengthen your hearts so that you will be blameless and holy in the presence of our God and Father when our Lord Jesus comes with all his holy ones.


Lord Jesus--This is is really a prayer that Paul is praying for the church he planted.


His first request is that he be allowed to revisit them. The events in my life that I am frustrated with the lack of movement are all in your hands and in your direction. Paul felt the reality of the fact that there were obstructions that were in his way which were beyond his ability to remove. His response was to pray. Prayer is the place to start...not action. I am afraid I would be the guy who was checking out ticket prices and wondering how I could make something happen when really all I needed to do was wait...and trust.


The second prayer request was that there would be an increase in love. Love within the church only comes from you, Lord Jesus. I can not make it happen. It is a creative act of God.


The last request is for strength to become all that You would have them to be. The request is that at your arrival grace will have had it's full impact. That there would be no holds barred in the quest for having your active presence engaged in thier lives.


Lord Jesus--These are the requests of my heart...that love and strength would increase and that in all the activities you would be the center of the picture. I wonder what all t he implications of that would be...let it be Lord Jesus in your people today.


As I write this I can only imagine the impact of your remaining the center and heart standing firm in your grace...work Jesus in this day.


No comments:

Post a Comment