Thursday, December 2, 2010

Notes to the Lord:Seeing Jesus

1 Thessalonians 1
4 For we know, brothers and sisters loved by God, that he has chosen you, 5 because our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and deep conviction. You know how we lived among you for your sake.

Lord Jesus--The gospel preached has power in and of itself. It must be lived out in ways that are clear and evident to those to whom it is being preached. That is the challenge everyday: to live out with power in real life what it is you call me to preach. Speak in power, Holy Spirit, speak with deep conviction...let me live out the gospel in this place you have called me to with power.

6 You became imitators of us and of the Lord, for you welcomed the message in the midst of severe suffering with the joy given by the Holy Spirit.

Lord Jesus--T
he goal is that in the middle of a dark world your people can be lights. In the middle of suffering, joy can take root as I focus on and live out the message of the gospel of grace. These people to whom Paul was writing were able to make the choice to accept the gospel with clarity and determination.There is joy that comes when I can imitate you, help me to be that kind of person today, in the day that will dawn in just a few hours.

Up Close and Persona
l--There is a qualitative difference that following you makes in my life, Lord Jesus. A difference that can be seen in what I do. It is also a difference that should be seen in every action: in how I do what, I do.

Lord Jesus you want to shine in me, illuminating everything that is a part of my day. You want to be God of big picture and God of the details, God of my macrocosm and God of the microcosm...nothing is either too big or too small. You want dialogue with me about it all. Forgive me when I don't include you. Teach me each day the way of praying "without ceasing."

You call me today to imitate you Lord Jesus. That requires a level of transparency I can not achieve without a continual infilling of your grace...enough to see your fingerprints all around the edges of my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment