Thursday, December 30, 2010

Notes to the Lord: Walk the Walk Today

1 Thessalonians 3
6 But Timothy has just now come to us from you and has brought good news about your faith and love. He has told us that you always have pleasant memories of us and that you long to see us, just as we also long to see you.

Lord Jesus--If there were a report going back to you from this
outpost of the gospel what would it be? A favorable report? One that focused on the increase in faith and love? Would that report be one that identified positive memories of the experiences shared? Would it be about actions lived out or just about talking about actions lived out? Witness is not seen in the abstract, but in the everyday world.

7 Therefore, brothers and sisters, in all our distress and persecution we were encouraged about you because of your faith.

Lord Jesus--In the middle of difficult circumstance, there is always reason to be encouraged in what is happening in your Kingdom. Help me to remember that in the middle of whatever present circumstance that confronts me at that moment your people are aware of the faith that I am either demonstrating or failing to live out with grace.

Lord Jesus--You remind me this morning that I never walk alone. You are always there and the
people of faith that I am making this journey with are also watching. Help me to be an encouragement by the grace with which I live out your grace alive within me. I pray right now for those whose journey is challenging today. Be close to their steps, encourage and lead as only You can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment