Sunday, December 12, 2010

Notes to the Lord:Impacts Beyond What I Know



1 Thessalonians 2

13 And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as a human word, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is indeed at work in you who believe.


Lord Jesus--These words are not just words on a page. They have power to change me and never leave me the same. Your words work in my heart and life as I am open to them. Help me to be open to all that you would have me be in this day that will begin before I know it.


14 For you, brothers and sisters, became imitators of God’s churches in Judea, which are in Christ Jesus: You suffered from your own people the same things those churches suffered from the Jews.


Lord Jesus--The point is to be more like you in this day...to be an imitator and to be more like you that is always the goal. Forgive me when I miss that goal and take my eyes off of the prize.


15 who killed the Lord Jesus and the prophets and also drove us out. They displease God and are hostile to everyone.


Lord Jesus--It is always a choice that I make each day to look toward you. There are those who choose to go their own way. Choose my choices for me in this coming day...I want to end this day closer to the person that you would have me to be.


16 in their effort to keep us from speaking to the Gentiles so that they may be saved. In this way they always heap up their sins to the limit. The wrath of God has come upon them at last.


Lord Jesus--The choices that I make have impacts in more way than I know.



No comments:

Post a Comment