Thursday, June 10, 2010

Note to the Lord: Letting Go




Matthew 16

25For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it. 26What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?

Lord Jesus--I have been thinking a bit about holding on and letting go. Sometimes I hold on for dear life when the best thing to do would be just to let go and see what happens. That is the growing edge.

I am sure that it is something about control and the need to feel safe, but that piece is there no matter how much I try to not look at that part of my soul. It is the republican part...the part that remembers times long past when need was large and resources were limited. It is the part that wants to conserve just for the sake of conserving.

Lord Jesus as you said these words you saw the
cross ahead of you. You knew what was coming long before it arrived. There is always risk in the letting go. You showed me how to let go. You demomstrated living through the risk...the dieing. You did not conserve yourself and you could have. Amazing!

There is a truth in the simple fact that there are places that I can only get to as I am open to your leading and sometimes that means letting go of things which were tightly held at one point to see how you will use them. You have to have room enough in my heart and life to work. It is a lesson that I keep having to learn.

Lord work as you see fit...even in the letting go.

No comments:

Post a Comment