Friday, June 25, 2010

Notes to the Lord:Wandering Around


Scripture Reflections:
Matthew 18

10"See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven

Lord Jesus--There is truth in the thought that every one on this journey of faith is really a child. There is no time to look down on these little ones because I am one of them....and there is con
nection with the Father for those who understand the nature of their dependence.

Lord Jesus--Remind me of my child status in the kingdom. I like the thought of my angel's having eye contact with the Father.
So much can be communicated with a simple look. The Father loves lost sheep...in fact he has been on a search and restore mission for the last two millennium.

12"What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off?

Lord Jesus-- I can relate to just wandering off. Sometimes it is just the result of grazing, nothing really intentional about it at all. Just one blade of grass at a time and the grass is just a bit more tastier on the other side of this little fence. And after all the Master really doesn't want me to be limited. I am so glad that you came after me...and continue to come after me when I just wander from the task...you know me so well.

13And if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. 14In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost.

Lord Jesus--Thank you for leaving the Father's side and the halls of heaven to reach out to lost sheep who were only thinking of the next blade of grass and lost track of the way back.

So how does this fit with the original question of who is the greatest in the Kingdom?

It is those who have identified first that they are humbly just children in the Kings court nothing more that are greatest...and at the same time are willing to own the mission of connecting with as many other wandering children as possible, to bring them back to the Father.

Lord Jesus--Remind me of the mission today..

No comments:

Post a Comment