Saturday, June 12, 2010

Notes to the Lord:Watching the River Run


Scripture Reflections: Matthew 16

27For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done.

Lord Jesus--In the middle of doing life, it is real easy to think that this will last forever. Sometimes I even want it to. In the mix of following you and of doing my best to lead, I need to be reminded from time to time that this is not all there is. It is not just about family, and friends and a place on this earth...heaven is around the next corner. Rewards await, based on grace, and faithfulness to the task will be rewarded. Children raised well are their own reward: to see them sinking their roots deep in You, in relationships of worth and in work that is worth doing.

But heaven awaits...there will be a time when we will meet face to face. As I write these lines, I know that we have never met, except in that still quiet place of my soul. You have spoken to me in a way that I really can't describe of grace, of kindness and of mercy. There have been times where You have been present in such reality that further explanation for the need of faithfulness seems shallow. I follow to find another drink from that water...to see that water running in my life.

John 7
37On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink.38Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."

Flow within my life Lord Jesus...like water bringing life where ever you touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment