Friday, June 18, 2010

Notes to the Lord:Where does my faith end?

Scripture Reflection: Matthew 17

14
When they came to the crowd, a man approached Jesus and knelt before him. 15"Lord, have mercy on my son," he said. "He has seizures and is suffering greatly. He often falls into the fire or into the water. 16I brought him to your disciples, but they could not heal him."

Lord Jesus--I can understand the way the disciples must have felt...they had watched you and they had been delegated this responsibility. Yet they could not complete the task. I know that I have learned from failures...but they are never comfortable.

17"O unbelieving and perverse generation," Jesus replied, "how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy here to me." 18Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of the boy, and he was healed from that moment.

All it took was a word from you and the boy was relieved of this demon that had chased him and made his life twisted and crisis driven. A future was given, a family restored by your simple word. The same voice that had spoken creation into existence spoke mercy and hope into a life that had seen to much fire and water, too much oppression.

Lord Jesus--Speak the words of power where my life has been twisted and crisis driven. There are places where I can go only by those words of power being spoken...words of release and hope come from your grace and unmerited mercy.

19Then the disciples came to Jesus in private and asked, "Why couldn't we drive it out?" 20He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.'

It is all about faith and growing faith in my life. "I believe Lord, Help my unbelief"...comes to mind. That was a father's prayer in a similar situation. I haven't seen many moving mountains so, I think we are all in about the same situation...growing faith a bit at a time. Lord Jesus have your way in my heart and life and find ways to grow my faith in the days ahead.

Upfront and personal
So what about the times when my faith is just not up to the challenge? It is to the point where my faith ends that you bring me again and again...it is the only way to see miracles happen. I have to come face to face with the impossible and allow you to work. I can see the places where the impossible needs to happen Lord.

So my prayer right now is Jesus work...push my faith down the road a bit further today.


No comments:

Post a Comment