Sunday, March 6, 2011

Note to the Lord:On Praying


1 Timothy 2

1First of all, I ask you to pray for everyone. Ask God to help and bless them all, and tell God how thankful you are for each of them.

Lord Jesus--Prayer is a tool and a support. It is communication and communion. Prayer is the connecting issue in the body of Christ when we are dispersed and in the world.

We are not alone ever. You are with us, but so are the prayers of your people. Thankfulness is something that should be a part of the texture of who we are, as much as humor is. or thoughtfulness, or any other element of our approach to life.

2Pray for kings and others in power, so that we may live quiet and peaceful lives as we worship and honor God. 3This kind of prayer is good, and it pleases God our Savior.

Lord Jesus--I know that I get to this place where prayer becomes less than it should be…just a list that could be a list of anything. You want me to make prayer and thanksgiving something so much more…an attitude, and orientation, an invitation to inclusion in life. I am not that good at this thing yet...

4God wants everyone to be saved and to know the whole truth,

Lord Jesus—You want everyone to be saved…you died for that end. You have been on a two millennium seek and save mission. You have enlisted an army to bring about this mission's end.

Remind me in the middle of a busy week that you have a plan for me to follow. Remind me that it is all kingdom work…all of it, every contact, every conversation, every email written or face book post responded to. It is all an opportunity to reflect your light shining through me.

Shine in this coming day Lord Jesus…shine through the interactions and the reactions, the hopes expressed and the feelings felt.

You know me, there will be times when I feel as if I am alone and shifting on my own with no clutch left to keep the gears from grinding. Remind me then of thankfulness that needs to flow through me from you.

1 comment: