Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Notes to the Lord:The Next Right Thing


1 Timothy 2

7This is why God chose me to be a preacher and an apostle of the good news. I am telling the truth. I am not lying. God sent me to teach the Gentiles about faith and truth.

Lord Jesus--You are the one who chooses and sends. You give grace and endurance for the task at hand. You send the next right thing to do...sometimes I even trip over them. There are even times when it seems like the conveyor belt gets jammed on at high speed.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

You have each element of the journey prepared for. I just need to keep moving my feet and listening to your foot falls beside me. Lord, there are times when it seems like random acts of mercy without design, but you are the one that sees the bigger picture. I am the boots on the ground. My perspective is a tad restricted.

Recently, you reminded me by sending a friend from Hawaii to gently point out to me that what appear to be random acts on my end have impact for you even when I only see a bit of the puzzle.

8 I want everyone everywhere to lift innocent hands toward heaven and pray, without being angry or arguing with each other.


Lord Jesus--The goal remains the same. The gospel having an impact for you that changes the way people live their lives resulting in worship, peace and prayer.

In the day that will start in just a couple hours let me be boots on the ground that see the bit of the picture before me accurately...that I am grateful for the mercy I have received and mindful of your direction.

Keep my feet headed in the right direction...toward mercy, grace and the random acts of following you.

No comments:

Post a Comment