Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Notes to the Lord:Listening


1 Timothy 1

18Timothy, my son, the instructions I am giving you are based on what some prophets once said about you. If you follow these instructions, you will fight like a good soldier.

Lord Jesus--The day of prophecies have not ended. What do the prophets have to say to me?

These are the thoughts that come to mind Lord...The Spirit of God works in those available Kurt...there is more that I have in store for you. Follow the blessings and see what happens. Listen to the promptings and the nudges that are sent your way. Don’t be stubborn. You need to learn the difference between stubbornness and being determined. Live in the balance and let me help you adjust the load that you are called on to carry. Where I have called, I have enabled.


Lord Jesus--The fight continues on and the instructions are still the same. Follow the these instructions and see the words of the prophets lived out in your life that was Paul wisdom to his son in the faith. I am sure that as Timothy read these words he could hear the voice of Paul in his head...and a part of him wondered if he could ever measure up.


19You will be faithful and have a clear conscience. Some people have made a mess of their faith because they didn't listen to their consciences.

Lord Jesus--Help me to listen more and to hear you speak in all the ways that you are trying to speak to me...through the Word...through other people...through the situations of life that just plain reach out and grab me sometimes without my knowing it. Speak to me of the need for change and of the hope that is always alive in you and your work in my life.

More than anything else, help me listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment