Thursday, May 26, 2011

Notes the Lord:On Stuff That Real Foundations Are Made Of..

1 Timothy 6
17Warn the rich people of this world not to be proud or to trust in wealth that is easily lost. Tell them to have faith in God, who is rich and blesses us with everything we need to enjoy life.
Lord Jesus--Paul the tent maker, evangelist, pastor, teacher, missionary protagonist for the faith reminds me that everything comes from your hand. Stuff comes and stuff goes sometimes in ways that we do not expect...tornadoes come, floods and such...Things that seem so important float, fly or burn away.

The leaving and the loss can be traumatic. One minute I could be playing the hero part and the next the zero part, but that does not change where the blessings came from in the first place. Teach me again the part that reminds me that all of the situations in life are superintended by your hand and meant to bring me to heaven’s gate heart intact...by your scandalous grace. Lord Jesus, might I just add that the hero part is much easier to play than the zero part?


Paul is really pointing me to gratitude and contentment with what comes from your hand. He was able to rest secure that the next job...the next tent to cut out, sew and stitch together was going to come even if he did not know who, where, or how...God would bless with what was needed at the moment it was needed. The implication is that what I have right now from your hand Lord, is really all that i need to enjoy life...but, but, but...yes, I know...that is the faith part.
18Instruct them to do as many good deeds as they can and to help everyone. Remind the rich to be generous and share what they have. 19This will lay a solid foundation for the future, so that they will know what true life is like.
Lord Jesus--Here it is right? The real point is I need to hold lightly everything that you send...who knows it might not be intended for me in the first place. Maybe I am the channel though which the blessing needs to flow to the person who it was really intended. The foundation for a life lived with grace at the center is one that sees blessings given as the means with which to bless those who you bring into my life.

Lord Jesus help me to hold everything lightly while building a foundation for a life whose real treasures are kept safe in a place secure for me just beyond heaven gates.

No comments:

Post a Comment