Monday, May 30, 2011

Notes to the Lord:Thoughts Along the Road


2 Timothy 1

1From Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus.

God himself chose me to be an apostle, and he gave me the promised life that Jesus Christ makes possible.


Lord Jesus--You have made possible a promised life and place to serve. It is by your direction that Paul found his place. Paul is not unique he was given a job to do that you made possible. The is the same dependence that I have on you for leadership on the journey of faith.

2Timothy, you are like a dear child to me. I pray that God our Father and our Lord Christ Jesus will be kind and merciful to you and will bless you with peace!

I am wondering how Paul felt as he walked down the road toward the next town, excitement mixed with what else? Did Paul ever worry? I wonder if he translated those feelings and thoughts into prayers? Was he thinking about Timothy and that just naturally translated that into a prayer and a letter?

A prayer for mercy, kindness, blessing and peace all needed in the church
life that he had encouraged Timothy to venture into. Did he start those thoughts as he walked along some stretch of Roman road somewhere?

So where am I along the road?

My thoughts and prayers focus on being faithful in the next foot fall...the day that waits just a couple of hours from
now what will it bring? Let this day be a day that starts with a prayer for mercy, kindness, blessing and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment