Monday, May 23, 2011

Notes to the Lord:Until We Meet Face to Face

I Timothy 6

15 The glorious God is the only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords.

Lord Jesus--This is really a prayer that Paul is praying to you with Timothy really just overhearing in letter form. I need to remember who is in control. I am not you are...simple as that. I can trust that whatever happens you have my best in mind. I need not fear or freak out. You are the Master I am the servant at your call.

At the time that God has already decided,he will send Jesus Christ back again.

Lord Jesus--You didn’t return on last Saturday... I am still here and there are promises to keep in the time until you do come. Promises made before you and the Father, vows that need keeping. The moments of promises made are in my memory right now...times when the reality of your presence was so real that there could never be doubt again about your existence or love.

So why is it that those times sometimes seem so far from where I am now? Is it that sometimes just like a parent teaching their child to walk you have to let me out of your arms? If I am ever going to go hiking on this journey of faith, then walking needs to become running. Faith legs have to get their exercise and muscles have be encouraged to grow.


16Only God lives forever! And he lives in light that no one can come near. No human has ever seen God or ever can see him. God will be honored, and his power will last forever. Amen.

Lord Jesus--Praise is really what I was made for. Now is the time that is takes faith to praise you. When I am in the dark times and when there aren't always the feelings that I can hang on it, it does not mean the light is gone. You have not somehow moved out of my zip code. It is then that praise does me the most good. Praise becomes a statement of faith in the dark. That is exactly when your power is most able to work, when all I can do is praise. So until you do come out of the eastern sky I will praise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment