Sunday, July 31, 2011

Notes To the Lord :Running Away and Running Toward


2 Timothy 2
22 Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

Lord Jesus--Paul’s wisdom is to point Timothy toward righteousness, faith, love and a pure heart. Which implies that he is pushing away from the evil desires of youth...are all desires of youth evil? No, but there needs to be close evaluation.

So what are you doing with me Lord Jesus? Where are you pointing me toward, Lord? The place where I am at currently is painful, and leaves me empty and looking for more of you.

Where is the next step? I am feeling stretched which may not be a bad thing. I am listening but late as usual...always more interested in a meander than in a forced march. Paul aimed Timothy toward the light...toward righteousness, faith, love and a pure heart. Facing the right direction is always good...when facing the light the shadow falls behind me.

23 Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. 24 And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.

Lord Jesus--The journey is toward the light and away from arguments to a place where I own my stuff with grace. The journey is not an easy one...it is really traveled with you alone but intersected with others of “like precious faith.” The best I can do for anyone else is to point them toward the light and to be aware of their shadow cast away from the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment