Saturday, July 16, 2011

Notes to the Lord:Endurance


2 Timothy 2:12-14

12 if we endure, we will also reign with him.

Lord Jesus--Endurance, most of the time, is not a pretty thing. It is wrapped up in sweat and energy expended. I know that there are times when I hold on with both hands for all that I have and have the facial expression that goes with it. Grimace, facial contortion...all can sum up endurance at times.

Yet, Thank you, that I am held in place by a tether that is not always visible but just as real. Where does that endurance come from? Paul says in it comes from the simple fact that...

Romans 5

8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

My hope is not only sweat drenched but it has your blood tied up in it, Lord Jesus. Thank you for endurance, it is your gift to those who see with the eyes of faith what is not yet visible to the unaided eye.

If we disown him, he will also disown us;

Lord Jesus--Right now, around me there are those who are not willing to look at the hard places and the warnings that you leave in your word. Remind me of the goal again today...

There is heaven to journey toward and a hell to fear. Balance in seeing both the blessing and the possibility of curse is needed in my walk with you. In fact blessing has little meaning without the possibility of consequence if I fail.

13 if we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself.

In the middle of a fickle, changeable world...you remain faithful and true, teach me the hard lessons of faithfulness in the middle of all that confronts and confounds me. Sometimes, endurance is just moving in your direction, toward the light...with the shadows cast in back of me. Lord Jesus, keep me facing the light.

14 Keep reminding God’s people of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen.

So often I think that following you is about words...but really you want to change thoughts, feelings and actions...not just words. Transformation of heart and mind.

In this day that is starting all around me, coffee and sun light are at my elbow, let me endure and prosper in your grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment