Thursday, July 7, 2011

Notes to the Lord:Life and Death


2 Timothy 2

11 Here is a trustworthy saying:
If we died with him,
we will also live with him;

Lord Jesus--There is the message of the cross again. Where there is the cross there is soon the empty tomb. Death to self? Death to my expectations? A new take on self discipline? What death is there to be experienced today, Lord in my walk with you?

I have abandoned any thoughts of coincidence when I come to your word. What do you have to teach me today of dieing with you? I have no desire to let go...you know me well. I am one that you have to pry my hands off of everything with a crowbar and a chisel.

The only reason to endure the process of dieing is that you are the one who breathes new life into the very things that I think are dead and gone, without hope. You are the one whom the grave could not hold. You are the one that brings grace with each encounter.


Work as you see fit in this day. It is after all only change.

So whatever has to die...let it die quickly. The light through the pines this morning reminds me that your blessings are new every morning.

Come quickly Lord Jesus into this day, into this heart of mine and into this world that surrounds me.

No comments:

Post a Comment