Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Notes to the Lord:Don't Let Me Miss You



Scripture Reflections Matthew 11:20-24

20Then Jesus began to denounce the cities in which most of his miracles had been performed, because they did not repent. 21"Woe to you, Korazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! If the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. 22But I tell you, it will be more bearable for Tyre and Sidon on the day of judgment than for you.

Lord Jesus--Some of those healed people from these towns may have been in the crowd that was listening to your words. They may have been heart broken by the response of their neighbors. Sadness must have been in the hearts of those who had felt your touch and yet their neighbors and relative were still untouched by the by the miracles that were surrounding them.

Am I missing miracles that you are doing around me? What are you doing in Saratoga Springs? Remind my heart this morning of your grace experienced, and of miracles already experienced.

23And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted up to the skies? No, you will go down to the depths. If the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Sodom, it would have remained to this day. 24But I tell you that it will be more bearable for Sodom on the day of judgment than for you."

Lord Jesus--Sodom was destroyed and there were no miracles performed to initiate revival, and yet Capernaum has experienced so much. So where does that leave me this morning Lord Jesus? I have experienced so much of the movement of Your Spirit and yet...

You remind me that the movement of the Spirit of God in my heart and life calls to me and needs to motivate my restive soul. The people of Capernaum were no different than I am...they were busy, involved people trying to make a living and a life for themselves. They missed right in front of their eyes what the prophets and the men and women of God in the past had been longing for.


Thank you Lord for the movement of Your Spirit that I see in the nooks and crannies of my life and the lives of those that surround me...I see you at work in the lives of those who are called by you to this group you are calling together right in front of my eyes. Lord Jesus give me the vision that can see you at work all around me.

The movement of Your Spirit does not always hit the newspapers nor are you always found where the TV and radio preachers point me to...but in holy places like a dinner with friends who sincerely want to raise their children and to live their lives like Jesus would.

Lord Jesus continue your work in my life! Don't let me miss even a moment of your Spirit's work and impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment