Friday, March 12, 2010

Notes to the Lord:Standing Firm

Scripture Reflections Matthew 10: 21-27

21"Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death. 22All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Lord Jesus--Following you is not easy, nor is it simple. The message of the gospel can cause divisions that run deep in families and in communities. It is not easy to follow Your call Lord Jesus. Sometimes it is just standing firm in the middle of difficult settings and being genuine is all that You are asking of me.

23When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. I tell you the truth, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

Lord Jesus--This little line has been one of the major strategies of your church over time. Persecution has been the push of the gospel from the very beginning. Remind me of this when it gets difficult.

24"A student is not above his teacher, nor a servant above his master. 25It is enough for the student to be like his teacher, and the servant like his master. If the head of the house has been called Beelzebub, how much more the members of his household!
26"So do not be afraid of them. There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. 27What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs.

Lord Jesus--You remind me that I am in good company in those times when I am identified with you. There is no reason to fear no matter what comes my way. You are with me and You will bring Your light with You. Dark places will shine with new light. In the middle of the darkness that can gather around me at times, You continue to speak to Your people.

In this coming day Lord Jesus that will dawn in just a few hours, help me to hear You even in the dark and trust that You will speak with clarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment