Saturday, March 13, 2010

Notes to the Lord:Fear

Scripture Reflection Matthew 10:28-31

28Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Lord Jesus--Holy fear is not something that we think or reflect about much in this age. There are things that should be feared that you remind me of them. People in this life time can kill the body, and thousands of horror films have been made to show everyone exactly how. But evil men can only do so much...they are not to be fear, as evil as they can be. Stalin, Hitler and the rest were epic the the depths to which they allowed themselves to fall.

So what do you mean when you tell me to fear you? Fear you because you are the one who holds my eternal destiny in Your decision making. You are the One who lived to die for my sin. You are the One who reminds me that even in the darkness, light will shine. Even in the darkest place on planet earth, words of power and grace will be given with clarity at my time of need.

29Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. 30And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

Lord Jesus--If you are concerned about the death of sparrows and know of their passing, and you know about the hairs on my head...a decreasing number to keep track of...You know about the darkness that is about in the world I live. Darkness that is deep and wide at times is alive and well on planet Earth, but I am not alone. Nor am I sent here thoughtlessly. You have a plan and I am just a part of the picture that you are looking to bring to life. The reality is that you faced the darkness, and won. The very worst that evil had to offer was thrown at you but dakrness and death could not hold you.

Help me in this day to live my life with the picture that you have in mind for my life, help me to fit into the context, to accept the reality of where you have placed me. Help me to look for the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment