Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Notes to the Lord:Pulling Together


Scripture Reflection Matthew 11:25-29

25At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. 26Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.

Lord Jesus--It is not always the people that should hear your call that ultimately follow. It was to regular people that you revealed yourself in glory as miracle maker, as giver of life and sight. The religiously educated saw the miracles and yet missed their significance. It was the people who were supposed to understand and be able to hear the call of God that missed it.

Coming to the place where I see and understand your work in my life is something that is not just rational, but there is also an element of the Father's active participation in the process. Every time that I open your word and hear the Holy Spirit speaking to me, it is an act of Divine intention and grace.

27"All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

Lord Jesus--Continue your work within my heart. Show me the Father continue your work Lord Jesus in revealing yourself in my life.
Come as a rest to the weary
Come as a balm to the sore
Come as a dew to my dryness
Fill me with joy evermore


Come Holy Spirit, I need you now
Come, Sweet Spirit, I pray
Come in your strength and your power
Come in your own gentle way
Brian Duncan

Without the power of You Holy Spirit actively at work in my heart and my life, these are just words on a page. But the mysterious thing is whenever I come to this quiet place, you are here. Here in the middle of the night. You are here when I simply come, knowing that I desperately need you to work.

28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Lord Jesus--The invitation that you gave is not restrictive. You invited everyone, even the people from the towns where all you miracles were done that had rejected you. With the invitation comes the need to accept your partnership in the journey. Thank you for the fact that I am not alone, that you are on this journey with me. You accept me as I am and ask me to partner with you and learn as I go. Sometimes the learning process is not pretty, Lord. But still you partner with me.

Lord Jesus in this day that will start in just a few hours, open my eyes to the reality of your presence with me. Help me to pull with you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment