Saturday, October 1, 2011

Notes to the Lord:Prayer in the Half Light


Lord Jesus--The sun is not really up yet. The light is defused and muted. The day awaits and yet a pause before it begins is what I am drawn toward. A minute or two a coffee in hand a conversation with a friend to start the day. 
 I invite you to journey with me in this day.  Share this time with me the music and the coffee, but more importantly...spend the day with me.


You know me too well.  You know the way that I tend to meander along through the events of the day.  Engaged in my own thoughts, somehow distant and present at the same time.  Draw me in, Lord Jesus to your embrace.  Let me see this day, the events, the people with you beside me...having a coffee with friend.

So in the half light of this moment I invite you to be with me, because without you the light will not come either in the world around me nor in my heart.

Ephesians 3:17-19


17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith;and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment