Thursday, September 29, 2011

Notes to the Lord: On a Rainy Thursday


Another Thursday morning and rain.

Lord Jesus--Thank you for this day. It is a day that is a bit beyond the middle of the week...it is a grey day and it looks like I will be traveling west in the rain today. Work within and around this Thursday, a day in the middle of the week. This is a day that is strategic and I know that you want to use it.


I want to live on this corner, Lord.
There are people that will surround me today that don't know you...let me be a prayer that pushes them along the path that lead them to you. Let me be a smile and a kind word in the middle of the storm...let me be you to those I come in contact with today.

Help me, Jesus because that person who will sell me coffee needs to know you...that person who will make funny gestures at my driving needs some peace...(Ok, You are right. My driving could stand improvement...help with that too!)

In this rainy Thursday morning help me live out this simple verse with Jesus style and grace...

1 Thessalonians 5:17 pray continually,

Why? Remind me, Lord...it is really so simple because prayer changes things. It changes people, it changes events, it changes the heart of the Father, it changes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment