Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Praying the Psalms:Songs to the Savior


Psalm 9 (part 3)


[9.13-14] Be kind to me, GOD; I’ve been kicked around long enough. Once you’ve pulled me back from the gates of death, I’ll write the book on Hallelujahs;the corner of Main and First I’ll hold a street meeting; I’ll be the song leader; we’ll fill the air with salvation songs.

Father God--David writes with his hand on death's door knob and yet he anticipates praise. I can almost hear The Salvation Army Band playing...on the corner of Main and First in anticipation of what you are going to be doing. David would tell me to sing no matter what. Salvation songs could be the title of David's next CD release. In so many ways praise is a release...

[9.15-16] They’re trapped, those godless countries, in the very snares they set, Their feet all tangled in the net they spread. They have no excuse; the way God works is well-known. The cunning machinery made by the wicked has maimed their own hands.

Father God--There is justice here...the coping skill becomes the trap, the strength reaches around to become a weakness. I can't see it from where I am but like David I am going to start to hum the songs of salvation even while it is still dark.

[9.17-20] The wicked bought a one-way ticket to hell. No longer will the poor be nameless— no more humiliation for the humble. Up, GOD! Aren’t you fed up with their empty strutting? Expose these grand pretensions! Shake them up, GOD! Show them how silly they look.


Peterson, Eugene H. (2006-06-15). The Message Remix 2.0: The Bible In contemporary Language (pp. 719-720). NavPress. Kindle Edition. 





No comments:

Post a Comment