Saturday, September 10, 2011

Praying the Psalms:Meadows and Quiet Pools

Psalm 23
[23.1-3] GOD, my shepherd! I don’t need a thing. You have bedded me down in lush meadows, you find me quiet pools to drink from.

Father God--The quiet pool that I found myself next to when I took this picture was in a park on vacation watching Abby and sliding down the slide with her. 

Times that feed the soul come in many forms, sometimes something as simple as lunch at the park with family deeply loved is more than enough to remind me that your blessings stretch on from generation to generation.

You guided my parent through war years and you will guide me.  You looked after my education and you will look after the eduction of my children's children.  You are a God who does not forget and your mercies are durative over time, space and everything in-between.

True to your word, you let me catch my breath and send me in the right direction.  

Father God--Simple things you can use to help me catch my breath and to continue to follow after you.  A camp fire with friends in the back yard making smores is more than enough.  You are a God that delights in surprising me with grace unlooked for but none the less experienced in unlikely places and times.

Father in the day that will begin in few hours lead me in your way everlasting and keep me mindful of your grace each moment.
Peterson, Eugene H. (2006-06-15). The Message Remix 2.0: The Bible In contemporary Language (p. 735). NavPress. Kindle Edition.




No comments:

Post a Comment