Friday, August 7, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration
I Don’t Have It All Down
Mistakes and missteps dog me
The still small voice of your Spirit calls to me
I am who I am and yet I am not satisfied…are you?
I am not lost, but I do take wrong turns.
The journey is daunting and the quest important.
Don’t let me miss the mission in the middle of the details.

Teach me how to be yours in the middle of the managing mistakes.
Help me to be all that you would call me to be
Teach me to risk rightly for your glory.

Scripture Reflections Luke 16

1Jesus told his disciples: "There was a rich man whose manager was accused of wasting his possessions. 2So he called him in and asked him, 'What is this I hear about you? Give an account of your management, because you cannot be manager any longer.'
3"The manager said to himself, 'What shall I do now? My master is taking away my job. I'm not strong enough to dig, and I'm ashamed to beg— 4I know what I'll do so that, when I lose my job here, people will welcome me into their houses.'

The goal of this manager was to have a safe place to land…a parachute in the middle of what looks like the end of a career.

You are the One Lord Jesus who has lead me to this point in my life. I know that you want me to be wise and skillful in the management of the resources that you put into my hand. Teach me the lesson of the shrewd manager…a lesson of picking out the gold among the rubble. This servant and an understanding that there was a future that he needed to plan for even when hard things happen.

What needs to happen in that kind of situation? I need to keep my head…manage the available resources to the best of my ability and trust you for the rest.

5"So he called in each one of his master's debtors. He asked the first, 'How much do you owe my master?'
6" 'Eight hundred gallons of olive oil,' he replied. "The manager told him, 'Take your bill, sit down quickly, and make it four hundred.'
7"Then he asked the second, 'And how much do you owe?' " 'A thousand bushels of wheat,' he replied. "He told him, 'Take your bill and make it eight hundred.'
8"The master commended the dishonest manager because he had acted shrewdly. For the people of this world are more shrewd in dealing with their own kind than are the people of the light.


Lord Jesus people of the world are able to understand the use of money in a way that does understands both the influence and the power of money to impact situations. Being mindful of the results of money...and the influence of resourcing is important, I need to assess and reassess the impact of money on my decisions. Money can not be the driving force in decision making the goal of the mission is always the most important.

9I tell you, use worldly wealth to gain friends for yourselves, so that when it is gone, you will be welcomed into eternal dwellings.

What does this mean Lord Jesus? Do I trick people in money deals? “Use worldly wealth to gain friends for yourselves”...how does it work.
It is clear that You are not asking me to go out and cook the books...but the point seems to be...that money is an always means to an end and not the goal.


Wise as serpents and harmless as doves…was aiming at much the same thought

The goal should be eternal always with managing money. The goal should be to manage the money that comes my way in a shrewd way...a useful way but not to be managed by it. It is always to be understood in the context of the mission and the quest…that there are lives that can be changed by the wise and shrewd use of money.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment