Thursday, August 27, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration

Jesus, lover of my soul
All consuming fire is in Your gaze
Jesus, I want you to know
I will follow you all my days
For no one else in history is like you
And history itself belongs to you
Alpha and Omega, You have loved me
And I will share eternity with You

Scriputure Reflection:Luke 18

15People were also bringing babies to Jesus to have him touch them. When the disciples saw this, they rebuked them. 16But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 17I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

Lord Jesus at a time when children were not important you elevated their importance. In fact I need to come to you as a child...childlike.

Open, vulnerable, teachable and able to identify wonder all are qualities that children have. That is at least a part of what you were getting at...but at the same time not childish...inmature, changeable, limited attention span...are some of the issues that come to mind.

So recieving the kingdom...like a little child...I need to be open to your leading...and teachable. Lord you know me so well there are times when I am open and teachable and vulnerable and then there are those places and times where I close in and circle the wagon train and hunker down for the attack.

Lord in this coming day help me to sense those times when I need to recieve from you hand in an open vulnerable and childlike way what you are giving. Help me to resist the circle the wagons mentality except when it is your will and way. Help me to follow you all my days...with childlike faith and seasoned endurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment