Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration

From The Inside Out

A thousand times I've failed
Still your mercy remains
And should I stumble again
Still I'm caught in your grace

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame
my heart and my soul, Lord I give you control
Consume me from the inside out Lord
Let justice and praise become my embrace
To love You from the inside out

Your will above all else, my purpose remains
The art of losing myself in bringing you praise

Scripture Reflections Luke 17

The Coming of the Kingdom of God
20Once, having been asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, "The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, 21nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within you."

Lord Jesus--Why is it that I would love to see the big signs of the time of your coming. I don't know something over the top...something that just makes it abundantly clear that you are coming soon in the clouds as the conquering king?

When I am thinking and waiting in that frame of mind I miss the essence of what you are trying to say to me right now. The religious elite of your day were looking for the external and you were always pointing to the internal.

So while they were looking for the Kingdom in the latest movement or rebels from the Romans...or maybe Masada in a few years... they were missing the real inside work that was being done. I am the same way sometimes.

22Then he said to his disciples, "The time is coming when you will long to see one of the days of the Son of Man, but you will not see it. 23Men will tell you, 'There he is!' or 'Here he is!' Do not go running off after them. 24For the Son of Man in his day will be like the lightning, which flashes and lights up the sky from one end to the other.

I wonder if John and Peter remembered this line... I am sure that You brought it to their mind on those times when from the Mediterranean heat of Rome or Patmos they would look back on the days in the Judean hillsides with the Master. I am sure that it was with the longing for a long time gone friend...that they would think of those days of teaching and of being with You Lord Jesus.

Today Lord there is a constant vigil by those who love you of the places where there is a sense of your presence and work...we long to see revival anywhere and everywhere and chase all over the countryside looking for You. But really you are right here...right here as I write these few lines.

So what would you be telling me if you were sitting at the table with me right now?..."Kurt keep to the work. My word is powerful...my word is true. I will come someday in the Eastern sky and all will know but for now...Keep to the work. Be content with the progress that is being made incrementally in the body of believers I am drawing together in this place. Remember the call in the middle of the details. The work is internal and yet it can be seen...if you just have eyes that are looking for it..."

So shine Jesus from the inside out. In this day...in these days as I travel on the blacktopped superhighway of my days...remind me again of your hope, your love and your mercy which reaches me right here in Saratoga in August in the early morning hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment