Friday, August 21, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration

I Wish We'd All Been Ready

Life was filled with guns and war,
And everyone got trampled on the floor,
I wish we'd all been ready
Children died, the days grew cold,
A piece of bread could buy a bag of gold,
I wish we'd all been ready,
There's no time to change your mind,
The Son has come and you've been left behind.

Scripture Reflection: Luke 17

30"It will be just like this on the day the Son of Man is revealed. 31On that day no one who is on the roof of his house, with his goods inside, should go down to get them. Likewise, no one in the field should go back for anything. 32Remember Lot's wife!

When it is time to go...it is time to go. The problem with Lot's wife was that she loved her hometown so much that when it was time to leave she just wanted one more good look at the old place. When specifically told not to.

Your return will be for those who are ready, for those who have accepted your free gift of salvation. Nothing other that being with you really matters anyway Lord Jesus. I doubt we will need any of the usually things that we worry about in crisis situations. Identity papers will not be need, your know our hearts. Emergency supplies will not be needed...

The preparations are done on the from the inside out.

33Whoever tries to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it. 34I tell you, on that night two people will be in one bed; one will be taken and the other left. 35Two women will be grinding grain together; one will be taken and the other left."

It is all about your life alive within me Lord Jesus. As I let go of attempting to keep my life...I find that you are preserving it in a way that I never would have thought of. Preparation for you return does not revolve around stores of food and bottle water. Ir revolves around letting you have all there is of me...my days and nights, my dreams and ambitions, all given over to your control.

Lord Jesus be in this day that begins even as I write this. It will be a busy day filled with things that need doing. May I let go of my way for this day and embrace your way for this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment