Sunday, August 30, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration

Savior, please take my hand .
I work so hard, I live so fast.
This life begins, then it ends.
And then I do the best that I can,
but I don't know how long I'll last.
I try to be so tough,
but I'm just not strong enough.
I can't do this alone,
God I need you to hold on to me.
I try to be good enough,
but I'm nothing without your love.
Savior, please keep saving me.
Scripture Reflection:Luke 18

28Peter said to him, "We have left all we had to follow you!"
29"I tell you the truth," Jesus said to them, "no one who has left home or wife or brothers or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God 30will fail to receive many times as much in this age and, in the age to come, eternal life."

As I read this Lord Jesus I am moving the remaining household items from the Glens Falls house. I realize that I am closing a chapter on my life, that by your call I am now living in Saratoga for good. As I reflect I realize that I have lived in places that you have called me to for so many years. We originally move to Glens it was at your call, it was a place that for many years you gave me a place, a home, a sense of rootedness and a place where my children could remember as home.

I know that Your disciples at this point had to make much the same choice. They left all that they had known or had been able to establish to follow you. It was a scary and difficult transition.

They hoped to see you establish you kingdom on earth...they would have loved to see the Roman's pushed into the Mediterranean Sea...the sea that the Roman's owned...that they call their own. I am sure that they were thinking about those hopes even as they heard you to speak to this rich young ruler and invite him to discipleship and what that would mean for his life.

I know that you have a plan that you are working out here in this place even as I close for good a chapter of my life I have left hanging for a time. You have called you will sustain, you will bring hope at the needed times, you will provide all that is needed to accomplish your will in your people.

So my prayer this morning is simple and yet is scary to pray knowing that you will have to work out its impacts with grace and determination in my wandering and wondering heart.
Savior, please help me stand.
I fall so hard, I fade so fast.
Will you begin right where I end?
And be the God of all I am because you're all I have.
Hallelujah! Everything you are to me is everything
I'll ever need. and I am learning to believe
cause you're the one who's saving me.

1 comment:

  1. My friend,

    I pray that your "transition" will be an easy one but I know that it will be less so in spirit, for turning to a new chapter in life has a way of being a little uncomfortable in those first few paragraphs. I know from experience as do you. I pray that in the process you will see God revealed in a new way to you and Sharon, experience a deep sense of His presence, and are able to hear His voice a little louder.

    ReplyDelete