Thursday, August 13, 2009

Κύριος Notes


Adoration
REFINER'S FIRE

Purify my heart Lord,
Let me be as gold and precious silver.
Purify my heart Lord,
Let me be as gold, pure gold.

Refiner's fire
My heart's one desire is to be holy
Set apart for You, Lord.
I choose to be holy,
Set apart for You my master,
Ready to do Your will.

Scripture Reflections Luke 17
1 Jesus said to his disciples: "Things that cause people to sin are bound to come, but woe to that person through whom they come.

Lord Jesus I live in a time and culture where the limits are always being pushed. You know the way it is better than I do.

There was Alice Cooper who is now and Christan...there is Ozzy Osborne who jokes about the occult while drunk living on a television "reality show demonstrating his dysfunction family for everyone to emulate and think is normal. We have gone from Ozzy and Harriet and the Nelson family to Ozzy Osborne.

Let's not even mention Marilyn Manson...a stage name taken from a crazed mass murderer. Pop culture is such a collision of the bizarre and the horrendous with a bit of humor and light through in from time to time.

2 It would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around his neck than for him to cause one of these little ones to sin. 3 So watch yourselves.

So what are You saying about those who glorify ,trivialize and who stylize sin? What would you say to those who make thier living off of poking fun at and trivializing faith? There will be a price to pay for a life lived in the shadow of the profane.

I would like to make all of the danger of this warning to be out there but the truth be known it is as close as my next breath...Lord Jesus help me as I live my life to be someone who realizes the importance of Your grace and the importance of the little ones who are watching.

"If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him. 4If he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times comes back to you and says, 'I repent,' forgive him." 
5The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith!"

It is in the middle of relationships Lord where my faith seems so small. In the times that forgiveness is asked for and I just don't have what it takes to forgive that the realization comes crashing in on me. It is in that moment that the need for your work in my heart is so clearly visible.

It is in the middle of my life lived out in the context of the real world that faith is made visible. A life that You call me to live out Lord knowing that I am an example and that people will be impacted by what I say and do...how I handle the need to forgive and the times when I need to be forgiven.

The disciples got it exactly right...increase my faith! Make the impossible possible.So the Refiner's fire burns bright in the context of relationships and I can feel the heat changing me and melting me...bringing me to the place where holiness is lived out.


Holy Spirit give me the grace to live this day as you would have me to...forgiving and being forgiven.

No comments:

Post a Comment