Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration

Amazing love, how can it be?
That you, my king. would die for me
Amazing love, I know it's true
Its my joy to honor you
Amazing love how can it be?
That my king would die for me
Amazing love I know it's true
Its my joy to honor you
In all I do
I honor you

Scripture Reflection: Luke 17
25But first he must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation. 26"Just as it was in the days of Noah, so also will it be in the days of the Son of Man. 27People were eating, drinking, marrying and being given in marriage up to the day Noah entered the ark. Then the flood came and destroyed them all.

There were great changes that you brought that were massive just not the way that the people in power at the time were looking for. The changes that you brought Lord Jesus was just like the changes that came when Noah was building the ark. Life was normal...right up until the rain started. Just like every other day that was lived. Lord Jesus you want my everyday. Help me to give it to you today.

28"It was the same in the days of Lot. People were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building. 29But the day Lot left Sodom, fire and sulfur rained down from heaven and destroyed them all.

It is deceptive this life that you have called me to. From the outside it looks so deceptively normal. And yet it is not....when you are revealed in power the change will come in a moment. Until then help me Lord to live as you would have me to...honoring the everyday. Each day is an opportunity to trust, serve and be guided by you. At the same time, I need to live in light of the fact that you are returning.

Lord don't let the normalcy of life lull me to sleep, you are at work and you have called me to a task. Keep me on task living each day as an opportunity to honor and glorify you.

No comments:

Post a Comment