Sunday, August 9, 2009

Κύριος Notes

Adoration

A Thank You

Thank You for this Morning
The light defused not radiant.
The night chill just lifting.
Light and warmth come with the Sun
Help me to turn my soul toward You in these few moments.
Scripture Reflections Luke 16
10"Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.
Lord Jesus it is the little things that count more than I realize, isn’t? Little things need to be superintended and watched over. Little things that need to get back where they belong. Help me be careful with the little things.
11So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches? 12And if you have not been trustworthy with someone else's property, who will give you property of your own?
Trust is a building thing…it starts out in small almost insignificant tasks and issues and then progresses. It is over time that the trust grows. Lord that same spiritual principle is at work in the church isn’t it? Faithfulness in the small things…the details will result in blessing.

Faithfulness in the phone call or the contact or the email that you just impress on me to do…when they are done…you bless and the church moves forward.
13"No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money."
There is a need to hold everything…lightly. Nothing except You and Your work within me is really all that important Lord. Help me remember that in this day…in the comings and goings that are a part of this life that you have called me to. Lord lead me to serve you with a clarity that can not be ignored.

14The Pharisees, who loved money, heard all this and were sneering at Jesus. 15He said to them, "You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of men, but God knows your hearts. What is highly valued among men is detestable in God's sight.

So where my heart is that is where I am going to be focused…where my attention is going to be…Lord help me to focus.

Sometimes it feels like I have ADD of the soul. Attention Deficient Disorder always on the lookout and never able to focus with clarity and duration. Lord Jesus, help me to focus on the truly important issues and to let the rest go.

No comments:

Post a Comment