Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Heaven:Finally Grown up

Jesus will be there

1 Corinthians 13
8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

I have spent a life time learning and gaining knowledge but it is limited, and ultimately flawed at it core. Knowledge will pass away in the light of your presence Lord Jesus. There will come a time when prophecies will no longer be needed. Jesus I am looking forward to that time.

9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.

The imperfect will disappear. There is an element of fear that brings up in me. Perfect is along way from where I have ever been in this life time Lord Jesus. You know better than I the places where the perfect will replace the imperfect. And yet somehow the person that you always meant me to be will shine through the change. That will be amazing.

11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.

There is a time when logo and linclon logs are a part of the past. Childhood needs to be left behind. Childish things are not bad they are just not what men need to spend time thinking about. Linclon logs don't really make sense when the drywall needs to be put up on the walls of the house so the kids rooms can be completed.

12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

Childish things need to be put in the past in the natural maturation process. The same is true of spirtural growth. There will come a time when we shall see face to face the One who has saved us by his blood.

There are important questions that I am going to ask Jesus...maybe not right away, but sometime soon.

It maybe be that the questions that seem to important now will be a part of the reflection that seems to mystify me right now...there will come a time when I know Jesus face to face, and I will know him as he knows me. Right now the walk is by faith a step at a time, but in that day I will know fully. Until that day I will cotinue to follow Lord Jesus...not perfectly yet...but there will come a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment